I’ve really enjoyed writing these posts and hope you are finding something interesting from the various Symantec Connect posts that I’ve been linking to. IF you are wondering why most of them (if not all) focusing on the Security Community within Symantec Connect it is because that is the focus of my job.
- Update the DLP system from version 10.5 to version 11.5 – This one goes on the record for longest connect post that I’ve seen in a long time (I actually shortened it for this blog post). But it covers the process for updating your DLP system as you move from version 10.5 to 11.6 along w/ updating the server that everything runs on. Remember if you are using 10.5 Windows Server 2008 R2 was not supported for hosting the Enforce platform on it. Now with the latest version (11.6.1) Server 2008 R2 is supported and recommended for running the DLP Product on. Read along with how to set this up.
- Choice of Symantec product for business security — what programs – While this is not as long as the other post listed above it i interesting. What we have hear is someone who uses Backup Exec and is looking to understand what security products Symantec has to help him/her out
- This is something I help out my customers with each day. Let’s sit down and have a conversation about how Symantec can help you out and advance your security posture. What is the real question or goal of your organization as it becomes more mature in your security practice. Drop me an email, would love to help you out.
- SCCM (Systems Center Configuration Manager) – In this post the customer is looking to understand the best way to deploy Symatnec Endpoint Protection (SEP) by leveraging System Center for the deployment solution. Take a look at this article for a more complete answer to the question. I know that my company will have a video up shortly about deploying SEP w/ both Altiris and Systems Center.
- Implementing change management and configuration management for vontu – So this is going to be a full article/blog post and once I post it I’ll link it here as well. Stay tuned but this is VERY IMPORTANT to handle and take care of
- How to install DLP Client – This person is looking for help on deploying the Endpoint Agent on various machines in his/her organization. There are numerous links in the comment section that can help out. Also my company will putting up a video on this shortly as well.
- Comparing Symantec cMobile Security 7.2 and Norton Mobile Security – This one fascinates me and I haven’t spent any time reading or digging into the differences between the products. This article is more of an FYI to myself so I can further figure out what the two products are
- DLP – Let the User Decide – This post is still looking for answer, so if you can help awesome… The end user is looking to see if there is a way to allow the end user to decide if an email that is blocked should be released or not. I’m not quite sure if this is the best way to setup DLP but if you can help out this questioner let me know and I’ll try to give you extra Connect points.
- GnuPg PGP Desktop Email – This is a question that I have long wondered about as well and the answer is MAYBE. That is it depends on the version of GnuPGP and PGP Desktop. Try it out it should work.
So that’s that… I hope you are finding these links interesting and maybe can help some people out still looking for support.
Drop me a note and let me know if you find them worthwhile or not.