Just finished teaching the Advanced Notification Server Core Workshop that is offered by Altiris. If you are looking to improve your Altiris knoweldge of the notification server, this is a great course to take. And not just because I teach it. In fact this was the first time that I taught the class so I was a little worried about it, but the class went great.
For those still following, the class assume knowledge of the notification server and how Altiris works, this is not a course for those that are brand new to Altiris.
The course covers the following:
- IIS and IIS troubleshooting in relationship to Altiris
- .NET 1.1 Framework Overview and how Altiris utilizes the .NET Framework
- Dataflow of the Notification Server and how the Altiris Agent communicates with it
- Package Servers (Currently the Notification Server Foundations class covers about 2 pages of Package Servers)
- Task Server
- Troubleshooting Tools (NS Configurator, Profiler, Perfmon and other common support calls)
Anyways drop me a note if you are intersetd in taking the class, its a great class