In a recent post, I talked about how I am looking for a hypervisor or something to run my VM’s on with local console access.
Based on the comments I am looking on perhaps reloading my laptop to Ubuntu or some other lower resource consuming host. However I have a large requirement for Virtual Machines.
Here is what I am looking for and would love some help/direction:
- Lightweight: VMWare Workstation seems pretty heavy resource wise
- Ability to have more then one snapshot: Most of my VM’s have several snapshots based on what I am demoing
- Graphical/Console Access
The VM’s that I need to run are:
- Windows 7: I know VMWare Workstation 7 allows for full Aero, is there another VMWare System that does this?
- Windows XP – Might not be needed
- Red Hat Server
- At least 3 Windows Server VMs